|OS:||Redhat Enterprise Linux, Debian, Mac OS X, Windows XP/2K/NT, DOS|
|Software:||Tomcat, Ant, CVS/SVN, RPM, JDBC, Log4J, JUnit, Bash, IntelliJ, Eclipse|
|Enterprise:||OAS, JBoss, Weblogic, MS AD, MS SQL, Oracle 10G, MySQL, OC4J, Apache|
|Security:||PKI, X509, TLS/SSL, Application Logging and Log Analysis|
|September 2011 -
University of British Columbia, Department of Computer Science
Graduate student of software engineering under Dr. Gail C. Murphy.
Received a department TA award for my work as a teaching assistant for the UBC undergraduate course, CPSC 210, Software Construction.
|April 2010 -
Apache Software Foundation, Commons Project
Open Source committer focused primarily on 'commons-codec.jar' sub-project:
|Sep 2008 -
Caorda Solutions, Victoria, BC.
Java and .Net Developer.
|Jan 2008 -
CGI Group Inc, Victoria, BC.
Java Developer working for the B.C. Ministry of Environment.
- Maintained and enhanced five different web applications related to British Columbia air and water quality.
- Integrated with B.C. government's Single-Sign-On and Authorization framework (WebADE).
- Successfully deployed three releases within first 3.5 months.
|Sept 2005 -
Instructor (Part Time)
Capilano College, North Vancouver, BC.
Advanced Web Authoring.
- Introduced students to server side web programming with PHP.
- Introduced HTML forms and server side form validation.
- Stressed W3 validation and cross-browser compatibility:
(Windows, Mac OS X, Linux) x (IE, Firefox, Safari) x (Screen, Print)
|Sept 2001 -
Application Developer - Senior (2005), Intermediate (2003), Junior (2001)
Central 1 Credit Union, Vancouver, BC.
Java Developer for online banking, internal infrastructure, and staff-facing applications
- Wrote web-based log analyzer for helpdesk.
Improved turnaround on many types of support calls. Secured using
2-factor authentication: Windows Password (LDAP) + SSL Client Certificate.
- Replaced Excel-based phone directory with LDAP-backed web system.
- Java developer for
the Online Banking system used by over 250 Credit Unions across Canada.
- Re-engineered online banking web application to support personal and
spousal accounts under a single login.
- Integrated with CUCBC's Wire-Transfer and Account Sweeping systems.
ISO 8583 WebParser
to help diagnose and debug problems communicating with banking-systems.
|2012-2015 ||Alexander Graham Bell Canada Graduate Scholarship (CGS)||$105,000|
|2012||Graduate TA Award, Department of Computer Science, UBC||n/a|
|2011||Graduate Fellowship, University of Victoria||$13,500|
|2011||1st place, Student Research Competition (SRC), Undergraduate,|
33rd International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE-2011)
|2011||1st place, Best Mining Challenge,|
8th Working Conference on Mining Software Repositories (MSR-2011)
|2010||Undergraduate Research Scholarship, University of Victoria||$1,500|